Winter Business Intensive Field School
November 11, 2021 @ 6:00PM — March 24, 2022 @ 9:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
The Field School Winter Business Intensive offers beginning farmers 8 workshops from November through March on business planning, farm finances, and marketing.
The workshops will be in person at Farm Bureau in Jonesborough and online via Zoom. View the complete schedule and detailed workshop description here. Workshops will be taught by 20+ agricultural experts and beginning farmers. The program is based in Tennessee, and while some TN specific information will be discussed, the vast majority of the program will be applicable to beginning farmers anywhere in the US.
Read more about the full benefits of the program at our website: arcd.org/field-school.
The registration price includes:
- 8 in-person sessions with livestreamed webinars held November – March on business planning, farm finances, and marketing
- 20+ agricultural experts from USDA Extension, NRCS, Farm Service Agency and more, plus experienced farmers providing an insider’s look into their operations
- A copy of the book Whole Farm Management and a printed resource binder with everything you need for the class.
- Access to recordings of the webinars for future reference and in case you have to miss a class.
Workshop Dates & Topics:
- Nov 11: Introductions & Getting Started
- Dec 2: Visioning Your Farm & Assessing Your Resources
- Dec 16: Farm Infrastructure & Natural Resource Plan
- Jan 13: Markets & Marketing
- Jan 27: Business & Financial Management
- Feb 10: Sustainable Production Planning
- Feb 24: Entrepreneurship & Risk Management
- Mar 10: Loans, Grants, & Support Programs
All workshops will be held from 6-9pm at Jonesborough Farm Bureau and live streamed on Zoom. The address for in person classes will be 1103 Boones Creek Rd. Jonesborough, TN 37659. Masks are required for in person sessions.
Scholarships Available! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a veteran, minority farmer, or limited resource farmer (use this link to determine if you fall in this category: https://lrftool.sc.egov.usda.gov/DeterminationTool...) You may qualify for a full scholarship. We have a limited number available.
Tennessee Ag Enhancement Program (TAEP) Credits
The Field School Winter Business Intensive is accredited by the TN Dept of Agriculture, so graduates can qualify for up to 2 Education Credits toward the Producer Diversification Cost-Share Program. Education credits are good for up to 3 years from the end of the class. We are the first non-UT program to be accredited!
This program is supported by grants from USDA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program, Tennessee Dept of Agriculture, and Natural Resource Conservation Service.